Only 90 miles off the coast of Florida yet seemingly out of reach for most Americans, Cuba just got a whole lot closer.
Travelucion the online Cuba Travel & Media Company will begin offering online media promotion of cuba travel packages from Florida based travel agents across its 432 websites in the coming months. Travelucion has an annual reach of 30 million page views but recently web visitors from the USA shot up from 11% in 2014 to 33.8% in January 2016. The company assumes that increased interest in the United States and constant media reports about Cuba are fuelling the tide of online visitors to its exclusive Cuba web content created since the mid 90s. Travelucion is the world leader in online web content for Cuba, managing websites that are up to two decades old, the series of websites are quite stunning and become increasingly popular with Americans searching on google for information concerning Cuba. But a few of these web properties are listed below:
Tourism to Cuba remains banned, but travelers who fit into one of 16 categories can visit the country, without a case-by-case approval by the government, as was previously required. These are known as general licenses. Since December, when President Obama announced the new regulations, Cuba tour groups and websites have reported seeing a huge uptick in web traffic and requests related to Cuba.
• Visiting family
• Humanitarian projects or to provide support to the Cuban people
• Official business of the U.S. government, foreign governments and certain intergovernmental organizations
• Journalistic activities
• Professional research
• Educational activities by persons at academic institutions
• People to people travel
• Religious activities
• Public performance, clinics, workshops, athletic or other competitions and exhibitions
• Authorization to provide travel services, carrier services and remittance forwarding services
• Activities of private foundations, research or educational institutes
• Exportation of certain Internet-based services
Florida based agents wish to cash in on this new market and have decided to use Travelucion as their main Cuba media outlet. Travelucion will receive an advertising royalty on each package sold under this new online marketing promotion.